Sat, Apr 30|
Your mixes sound untidy, your bass drum doesn't really come through? Your vocals lack the necessary presence in the mix? Can't really hear your 808 on the boombox, or are you looking for a new workflow? Learn how to get to a perfect premaster step by step and in a targeted manner.
Time & Location
Apr 30, 2022, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM GMT+2
432 Studios, Köpenicker Chaussee 33, Berlin, Deutschland
About the event
In this 6-hour workshop we will mix a complete song with you and analyze it in detail. Here we will work together to eliminate all typical problems that you usually encounter in a project.
- Workflow, how do I set up a project efficiently, labeling, group formation, mix templates, bus routing
- Leveling, panning & volume rides, how do I create space and transparency without the help of dynamic processors or equalizers.
- How do I get a transparent, powerful and characterful vocal mix?
- How do I get punchy drums, 808 and bass sounds and place them in the mix?
- How do I use compression, when does sidechaining make sense, what is "New York Compression" and how do I use it for myself?
- High pass and low pass filtering, when do I cut off frequency ranges and when should I do without filters?
- Phase control and stereo image, how do I create a wide sound image without losing pressure and punch?
- How do I get a powerful, dynamic and clear low end?
- What is Dynamic EQ and how does it add musicality to my mix?
- Manual work vs. AI processing, Izotope RX, Smooth Operator VS Waveditor: when is which way appropriate?
- Bus processing and topdown mixing, when is bus routing and processing useful?
- How do I create a perfect premaster?
- What should be considered when exporting stems for stem mastering?
Homework: You will have the opportunity to mix the same project yourself at home and will then receive detailed feedback from us.
This workshop will be held by Paul Schal, Producer, Gold Plated Mixing and Mastering engineer. With over 20 years of experience in music production. As a producer, mixing and mastering engineer, Paul works with countless national and international clients: From major labels like Sony Music, Universal Records, Armada, Spinin, or Get Physical to Berlin Rap labels like SLS Music Germany, as well as countless artists like US rapper Tory Lanez, German Rap superstar Capital Bra, Chicago house icon Robert Owens or the Berliner Babylon Orchester the portfolio of the exceptional Berlin talent is very diverse.
Ticket price: 199€ per participant
Sat 02.10.2021 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Berlin
kindly supported by SPL Audio www.spl.audio and HEDD www.hedd.audio
Hip Hop & Trap Production und Mixing Workshop€199.00